Monday, March 27, 2006

Same Time, Same Place

Well, close enough. That's right kids, I'm back and my brain really is storming and has been this whole year. Wanted to get this thing up and running on Saturday, the official one year anniversary of my return. But that didn't happen. Sunday rolled around and I got inflicted with a serious case of Sunday Syndrome, hence, my starting it today. It's kind of weird to be back. So much to say and comment upon, just don't know quite where to begin.

I guess we will start with a couple of disclaimers and get those out of the way. First of all, and most importantly, I consider this blog, at least for now, primarily my journal and vehicle to start writing again. I am not going to be writing about exciting adventures abroad as I am currently still in Kansas City. Hell, I don't even know WHAT I am going to be writing about. I just know, that initially it will be a mental purging. I'm not going to give this address to many people, if any. Okay, maybe only my nearest and dearest fans. But hindsight is a great thing and I am proud to say that I now have 20/20 vision on the fact that I will not be giving out this address to my parents. A couple of exchanges concerning my last blog almost started WW3 over in SE Asia. Bottom line, read at will, but you are the one who decided to check out what I have to say. Therefore if you get offended, which I'm not intending to do but it can happen, stop reading it.

This is going to be a very simple blog, no photos, no links, just text, at least for now. Who knows, one of these days I might get blog savvy and learn how to do these things, but that is highly unlikely. One of the key characteristics of us Geminis is that we aren't into details. I consider anything other than text to be details.

Ah yes, it's all coming back to me now... I am currently experiencing the same vulnerable feeling I had last year when I first starred at the blank blog screen and realized that anyone could potentially be reading this. Do I really have the guts to say whatever I feel and not get overwhelmed by the fear of "what others might think"? This is the biggest dragon I've been struggling to slay this year. It's slow going, as it is one helluva dragon, but, bygar, progress is being made. True, I could always type these entries on blank Word document forms, and be assured absolute privacy, but there is something appealing in the risk of having anyone be able to read my most secret thoughts that Microsoft doesn't offer. Hopefully if anyone reads this first entry, they will just gloss over the site dismissing it as unworthy to spend any more time reading.

Well, there it is, my first entry that's as gray as the weather is here. Don't think it is a worthy post to publish, but will so I can have the satisfaction of accomplishing my yearlong goal of beginning a new blog. Who knows where the adventure will take us now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home