Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Okay, Okay Enough Already!

There, I'm doing it. I'm writing, despite my biggest internal protests, and will do so on a daily basis. Reading a book on money management, and it told me to write down goals. Consistent blogging is one. As I looked at it on the page, it stared back at me, "So, what are you waiting for?! An invitation from Oprah?! There are still some precious minutes left in the day in order to fulfill your goal. Get to it, damnit!" And with that, here I am.

It's good to be back. Comforting to see the familiar blank screen. But this whole goal thing has definitely stirred the pot. What are my goals?! I don't know. Okay, then. Why are you alive, what's the point in living? Um......, THINK!!!!!!!!! Okay, okay. Well..... DON'T TELL ME, WRITE IT DOWN!!! I see where you are going with this, once I write it down, I have an obligation of some sort to see it through. YOU LITTLE... Okay, so here they are in completely random order. Right, definitely be on the Price is Right is a strong one. Sitting in the audience is acceptable if Bob Barker ran out of time during the hour and didn't get to personally remind me to get my pet spade or neudered in order to keep the pet population under control. I'd also like to study yoga in India, that sounds like fun. Maybe fun isn't the right word, "an experience" is better. And while I'm over there, why not learn some Thai massage and walk the Great Wall?! And well, getting something published sounds nice. Something technical and detail-oriented, just like this blog, is right up my alley. And I can't forget tangoing in Argentina.

After I compiled the list, I looked at it and experienced a familiar feeling of disgust. WHAT, IN ANY OF THIS, IS GOING TO MAKE YOU MONEY?! Good question, well.... Shit, here come the tears. Ugh. Why me? While just looking at the list I can't say specifically what could make me money, following through with something here could lead or expose me to something else that could bear some fruit. You never know where opportunity will strike. Where one thinks it will, more often it doesn't, and where you think it won't, well, we all have stories to support that theory. It's called taking a chance and trusting that the universe is going to take care of me. It is taking care of me, of us. How many times do I need to relearn this lesson?! My hospital experience abroad spoke VOLUMES to me, how come I'm not listening now? Wait, I got it. Alex, could it be that we live in a "Show Me the Money" society and thus it is an explainable tendency for me to be living in fear of what could/couldn't happen? Good Answer for the "Where's the faith" question worth a kijillion soybeans.

And now that we solved that problem, I bid you adieu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home