Saturday, April 22, 2006

Nature's Calling

Sleep? Who needs sleep? I'll sleep when I die. Since my mind is hot, and there's nothing else to do, thought I would quickly get this out of my head. So I'm kind of settling into the idea, and much to my chagrin, increasingly growing attached with the notion of establishing some sort of roots here in KC. A fine option, and when the opportunity is right, I know everything will work out as it is intended. However, my judge-self loves to play the nature card, "What about when you came back from OB, Colorado, or SF and had a major MAJOR meltdown before landing?! What is that saying about your need to be grounded in nature? And do you think KC really has enough nature in it to keep you grounded?"

Interesting questions. All I can say is that those meltdowns were pre and during my transition to the person I am today, and I would like to think that when I take another outbound flight that I will return, this time, feeling more secure in who I am. You see, I was so upset because I didn't feel at all comfortable as a square peg having to fit into a circular hole. All the other pegs are circular and don't seem to be having the same problem as me. Therefore this must be the right way, I just need to work on it more. But now, after my coming-to-Jesus moment, I know that I am different, and I think I know that's okay. We'll see how I do on the next adventure. Moving somewhere out of the Plaza might help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home