Friday, April 28, 2006

To Be Or Not To Be

That is NOT the question. Throughout my life have asked myself, and countless others, what the plans for the day are, or essentially what am I going to do today? But I just intercepted the notion that that is the absolute incorrect question to ask when one is searching for something, for truth. Instead, asking what am I going to create today?, seems not only a much healthier way to begin each day, but also the question is not as judgment laden or restrictive. The answer encourages creativity in creating anything from clean clothes to a new dish, from a new post to a better understanding of a certain subject, from a more syncopated belly dance form to a stronger, more defined physique, from an adventure to an unknown land to a fun outing with a friend, etc......

I think this new perspective is already influencing me with a healthier vibration. My biggest hang up with work or volunteering is that I am constantly being told what to do. Something I am completely burnt out on. In my most recent past work/teering I have felt suffocated due to lack of creative liberty. I have developed an intense fear of any form of work killing my creative self. But it is all in the approach. Instead of tackling the question from a strictly financial stand point, I need to ask myself what I can create that perhaps somewhere down the road, might be marketable. This is a cry from my inner artist to let her out.

So let's start with things I create that bring me joy:

Belly Dancing - creating moving art and strengthening my core
Cooking - creating yummy, healthy foods that energize our bodies
Reading - creating a deeper knowledge of a subject, such as astrology
Swimming - creating a community, strengthening a friendship, creating new tone
Yoga - creating a new awareness of my breath and body
Nature - creating a soul connection with mother earth
Blogging - creating a voice
Hanging out with Bruce - Bruce provides me with a safe creative community. He is my guide, my resource, and my incredible comfort. Having grown up in an environment where my creativity was stifled, Bruce is my life source, resuscitating the creative side of me that has been dormant for so long.
Walking - creating a deeper meditation practice and a deeper appreciation for the beauty of nature

Volunteering didn't make the list, perhaps because I see it primarily as something "to do" instead of something I can create. But technically I create a lot, I create houses and care packages and connections, but these creations don't utilize my creativity. I just follow the instructions prescribed. I've been following prescribed instructions all my life and I'm ready to create something on my own, without any instructions. Change is hard. It's scary and explains why I feel like a lost nomad most of the time. But as my I Ching reading states, I am humbling proceeding, gathering up nutrients from the community and eventually creating something out of it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home