Wednesday, November 22, 2006

An Ostrich Went Walking On a Hillside One Day....

Actually she's running. That's right everybody, the ostrich, who is me, has finally yanked her head out of the sand and can be seen running down the beach, or hillside, as the childhood song continues on to say. The other week I took a creative writing course in Lawrence and completely fell in love with writing. I know, lately I have been falling in love quite a bit, first knitting, now writing, but one simply can't have too many outlets in which to express their creativity.

And so...........today marks the first day where I have actually disciplined myself to successfully sit down and write. And it's been great! The taste of victory is so sweet. Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself, in that this is only the first day, but a little positive encouragement can go a long way.

As a consequence of my new discipline, you all can begin to enjoy more frequent posts, I hope. They aren't going to be regular, as we all know that word isn't in my vocabulary, but will grow in number. So how will I attempt to accomplish this mission impossible? By writing, IN HAND!, almost every day. Almost being the key word currently up for debate. I know myself too well to know that if there aren't clear, succint rules in place the rules will be bent. But that is countered by another one of my favorite operating philosophies, RULES ARE ONLY MADE TO BE BROKEN. Amen to that! So it's a crapshoot either way. I can shoot for writing 7/7 days, but if only 4 or 5 happen, I'll be happy. So stay tuned......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home